John Ratzenberger, better known as mailman Cliff Clavin on Cheers, thinks he knows how to save the U.S. Postal Service.
The actor detailed his plan in a Cameo video.
Ratzenberger said, “The post office is in a little bit of a pickle right now. It is certainly in the news, being bounced back-and-forth so I had an idea. Why not do all your Christmas shopping early at the Post Office store?”
He encouraged fans to use the money they would have spent on Christmas gifts to buy stamps and send that to their family members instead. He explained, “It’s easy to carry, easy to mail, easy to ship. And it’s worth something, and it’ll be worth something for a long time.”
The Girl Scouts announced that they are releasing a new cookie flavor in 2021. The Toast-Yay! is a French toast-flavored cookie iced with a maple syrup-flavored frosting. Toast Yay! cookies are already available in select areas and will go nationwide in January. (PRNewswire)
Reports are coming out of people complaining of eye irritation, tearing, and eye discomfort related to minty lip balms or even gum and breath mints while wearing a mask. According to doctors, the peppermint oil or menthol, depending on the product, will get trapped under the mask in a concentrated amount and migrate toward the eyes, causing irritation. When mint can dissipate in the open air, it’s no big deal, but when it’s concentrated under your mask and makes its way to the delicate eye area through the space between your nose and the top of the mask it can result in red, irritated, itchy, and watery eyes. You don’t want to be touching your face or your eyes when you are out and about in a pandemic — so skip the minty stuff when you’re wearing a mask. (Women’s Health)
Residents of a town in Switzerland were shocked earlier this week when it suddenly started raining chocolate outside.
A ventilation system at a nearby Lindt chocolate factory malfunctioned and started blowing cocoa powder all over town, leaving a brown dusting on the ground and on cars. The company insisted that the cocoa dust posed no health risks to residents and offered to pay for any cleanup. The ventilation system was eventually fixed and production resumed. (USA Today)